Jul 14, 2010

Houston's Thai Chicken Salad


I'm not a fan of chain restaurants---but Houston's is Amazing! Whenever I'm traveling and there is a Houston's Restaurant nearby... I'm running to eat there. On the first night of our honeymoon, we ate at Houston's and I had the most amazing salad and I've been craving it ever since. Tonight I decided to google it and make it. It's amazing what you can find on the internet! I found a lot of great restaurant recipes. Brian had NO complaints tonight---nothing he'd change about it. This my readers is monumental! He ALWAYS has something to say about what I can do to make things better!

Make this one---you won't be sorry!

Houston's Thai Chicken Salad
Makes 3-4 Servings

Dressing:
3 Tablespoons Lime juice
1 Tablespoon Fish sauce
1 Tablespoon Water
1 Large clove Garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha
1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
2 Tablespoon neutral flavored Oil (like Canola or Grapeseed) (I used Vegt. Oil)

Wisk all Ingredients Together and let Sit.

Salad:
1 Rotisserie Chicken (Cut into chunks)
1 ounce dried Rice Noodles, cooked for 2 minutes in boiling water- rinse in cold water and drain
1 Bag of Mesclun Mixed Lettace or Chopped Lettuce
1 Bag of Shredded Cabbage (For Coleslaw)
1 Mango Chopped into Pieces
1/3 cup Seeded, diced Tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes)
2 Scallions (thinly sliced)
1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro

Put all Ingredients into a large bowl and toss with Dressing.

Plate Salad and Top with Chopped Toasted Peanuts before serving.

Serve Immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment