Jul 14, 2010

Tomato and Corn Pizza


I love Summer! One reason is because of fresh produce. I have found some great summer recipes this past year using a lot of local fresh produce---I swear things taste better when it comes straight from the garden.
This recipe is out of Southern Living's latest Edition. I made it to take to a dinner party last week and it was a hit!

Tomato and Corn Pizza
Makes 4 Servings

3 Small Plum Tomatoes, Sliced (I used cherry and heirlooms mixed together)
1/4 tsp. Salt (I used Jane's Mixed Up Salt)
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Boboli Pizza Crust (I used Thin)
1/3 cup store bought Pesto
1/2 Cup fresh Corn Kernels (1 ear of corn)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. Sugar
8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
Fresh Basil Chopped (I used Italian Seasonings)
Olive Oil (to drizzle pizza with)

1. Preheat oven to 450. Place tomato slices on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; let stand for 20 minutes. (Since I used Cherry Tomatoes I just mixed in a bowl with Salt and Pepper and didn't let them stand for 20 minutes)
2. Place Pizza Crust on a parchment paper -lined baking sheet; spread with pesto. Stir together corn, Parmesan, and Sugar. Top Pizza with Corn Mixture, Tomatoes and Mozzarella Slices. (I added Italian Seasonings then drizzled the entire thing with Olive Oil before baking).
3. Bake at 450 for 14 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from Oven and top with basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment