Mar 8, 2010

Key Lime Pie


MMmmm, MMmmm, MMmmm... I love a Good Key Lime Pie!

I used to think that Publix had THE BEST Key Lime Pie.. that was until I made my own!

I've always stayed away from making pies...that was my Nana's expertize and now it is my Dads. But I decided to just go for it...and let me tell you, it was soooo incredibly easy and fast. After making Dad's Birthday Cake earlier in the week...(German Chocolate) I've decided I can cook or bake just about ANYTHING!



Key Lime Pie

From: Susan Mason's Silver Service
Serves: 8

1 (14- ounce) Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
1 Teaspoon Grated Lime Zest
2 Egg Yolks
1 (9-inch) Graham Cracker Crust

Preheat Oven to 325 Degrees.

Mix together the milk, lime juice, lime zest and egg yolks. Beat until smooth. Pour mixture into the crust.
Bake for 15 minutes. It should be firm to the touch. Cool in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.

Serve with a dollop of Whip Cream on top and Lime Zest.

**I made a double making of this for 12 Mini Pies.**

No comments:

Post a Comment